Risk Management for Insurers
This course introduces you to risk management, and then it takes you step-by-step through the risk management process. This process can be applied to both personal and business risks. It presents a variety of options for treating risk situations, with a special emphasis on the need to offer clients a combination of approaches to maximize risk protection. Because insurance is such an integral part of most risk management solutions, basic insurance concepts and the need for liability loss protection are highlighted throughout the course. .
After completing this course, you will be able to: -
- Describe each step in the risk management process;
- Explain how each step in the risk management process can reduce or eliminate potential losses; recognize how the risk management process benefits insurance users, insurance companies, and producers;
- Explain basic insurance concepts; explain the need for liability loss protection;
- Demonstrate one or more risk treatment alternatives to achieve the most effective means of protecting against loss; and
- Identify the responsibilities of producers, insurance companies, and prospective insureds to implement an effective risk management plan.
This Course includes: