Insurance Fraud Awareness
Most people who purchase insurance and those who make insurance claims are honest. They know the value of insurance, respect it, and would never dream of cheating an insurance company in any way. Still, it’s a sad fact that the insurance industry has for many years been a direct target for many fraud schemes perpetrated by insureds, third-party claimants, and others. Since everyone, not just insurance companies, loses from these crimes, the entire insurance profession, government, law enforcement, and consumers are being asked to do their part to help reduce insurance fraud.
This course, Insurance Fraud Awareness , will help you, as a member of the insurance industry and as a private citizen, to understand the impact of insurance fraud and the part that you can play in this all-important anti-fraud campaign that’s being waged throughout our country and the world at large.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Promote awareness and understanding of the serious problem of insurance fraud and its widespread and costly effects on the insurance industry, policyholders, and the general public;
- Describe ways in which insurance fraud schemes are perpetrated;
- Discuss what is being done about insurance fraud;
- Explain how insurance professionals can recognize potential insurance fraud situations and what they should and should not do about them;
- Give examples of the types of people who commit insurance fraud and of the wide range of schemes they have used to falsely obtain money from insurance companies;
- Describe how those who work in various departments of the insurance company can help prevent fraudulent claims from being paid; and list common patterns that have been observed in insurance fraud cases and many of the indicators or “red flags” that insurance professionals use to alert themselves to possible fraud situations.
This Course includes: