The claim handling process involves three primary elements: investigation, evaluation, and settlement (disposition). This course focuses on investigation: gathering pertinent details about the claim to determine whether the loss is covered.
After you complete this course, you will be able to understand: -
- The three basic steps used to investigate property and casualty claims; verifying coverage, obtaining information about the claim and verifying and comparing this information;
- How to handle claims so that the information gathered during the investigation can be used as evidence in court;
- How to determine whether an insured is legally liable for loss,
- What types of laws may be involved in auto liability claims?
- Specific steps to follow when investigating auto liability, workers’ compensation, fire and ‘fall down’ claims.
This Course includes: